World’s leading consumer electronics show took place in Berlin, Germany, between September 02 and 07. Sultan Kaygın Sel from SMC-Excel partner Vestel attended IFA this year for taking insights of latest trends in consumer electronics. Vestel (similar to previous years) was one of the biggest exhibitors having 3000 m2 exhibition area used for presenting a wide variety of its product range and new concepts.
Highlights from this year are listed below:
• Experience was the most important concept for this year at IFA. Most of the companies have used their fairground area more for experience areas like trial of VR glasses.
• A great number of companies have presented their VR (virtual reality) products. Many applications of VR such as gaming in entertainment industry are emerging.
• Smart home concepts were introduced by all leading consumer electronics companies. Their presentations were more comprehensive and satisfying when compared to previous years.
• OLED and Quantum dot displays were competing for display technologies.
• Screen sizes are getting bigger and bigger. There were 98” and over sizes presented.
• Product presentations were focused on the visual and technical performance of the products. Unlike the previous fairs, the physical specifications of TVs such as thickness or curvature were not highlighted. Also 3D TV concept disappeared.
• In contrast to previous fairs with a focus on UHD, it is observed that 4K displays have become common.
• Various applications of Digital Signage products have been presented by almost every company at the fair. In addition to existing product solutions, mirror display and transparent display models have been presented.